- 3 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 3/4- to 1-inch-thick pork rib chops
- 3 tablespoons (about) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Mix 1 1/2 cups water, coarse salt, and sugar in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish; stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Add pork chops; let brine 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Boil vinegar in small skillet until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Whisk in butter. Season glaze with salt and pepper.
- Remove pork from brine; pat dry. Brush with oil; sprinkle with pepper. Grill pork until thermometer inserted horizontally into center of chops registers 150°F, 7 to 8 minutes per side for chops.
- Transfer to plates. Drizzle glaze over; sprinkle with parsley.