I am not boasting. These are the greatest waffles that ever existed – Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. They are Wafflegasmic. WAFFLE – GASMIC.
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites – beaten stiffly
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Combine yolks and milk. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in oil and mix.
- GENTLY fold in beaten egg whites, do not over mix.
- Pour about ½ -cup at a time into waffle iron. Cook until golden and crispy.