As much as I hate blueberry muffins, this recipe is actually great with blueberries . Damn it all.
- ⅔ c. softened cream cheese
- ⅓ c. butter, softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg4
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ c. low-fat buttermilk
- 2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ c. finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites, and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Place 24 foil cup liners in muffin cups. Spoon batter evenly into liners. Bake at 350˚ for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Makes 2 dozen.