I’m going to share a secret the secret to fluffy pancakes: It’s all about science. When you’re cooking the pancakes, watch for those telltale bubbles in the middle. When those start to form, carefully (without breaking the bubbles) flip the pancake. If you do it right, you can watch the air inside the bubbles get hot and expand, making your pancake fluff up. And if you muck it up a little, no big deal. You still have tasty pancakes.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded tart apple
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- In a large bowl, combine butter, milk, and apple. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Stir flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined.
- Beat the egg until foamy and fold into batter. Don’t over mix.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.