Don’t get all skeeved out because it says ‘cheesecake’. Really, it’s more of a salmon spread in cheesecake form, and it’s delicious. You’re welcome.
- ¼ c dried breadcrumbs
- ⅔ c parmesan, divided into ½ c plus 2tbsp and 2 tsp.
- 2 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 2 pkgs cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp italian parsely
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp finely minced shallots
- ½ c sour cream
- 6 oz salmon, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare either 1- 6×3″ or 2- 4.5×2″ springform pans with cooking spray.
- Blend bread crumbs, 2tbsp+ 2tsp cheese, and butter. Press into the bottom of the pan(s), making an even layer. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer. Using a flat paddle, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in remaining cheese. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down bowl as necessary. Beat in herbs, lemon zest, and seasonings and mix well. Lower speed and add sour cream followed by chopped salmon.
- Pour batter into pan(s), and smooth tops with an offset spatula. Place pan(s) into larger pan filled with 1 inch hot water. Bake 30-40 minutes. Cake will be set around the edges, but still soft and creamy in the middle. Turn off oven and let cool. Move to wire racks and cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours and serve. May be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days in its pan, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.